High value, low weight? Insure your valuable shipment
DHL eCommerce always handles your shipment with care. However, sometimes things go wrong. That is why sometimes it is a good idea to insure your package. This means the value of your package is protected against damage or loss, without a deductible, at an attractive premium.
Insured in a few clicks
Getting insurance for your precious package is easy and fast. Go to the My DHL app, click on the 'Insure up to €500' option and you can ship your package with even more security. For €2.50 you can take out insurance for packages to Dutch and Belgian addresses, and for €3.50 to European addresses. Once insured, we reimburse the replacement value of the shipment and the transport costs in the event of damage or loss. And we do this very quickly.
Insuring your package? Please keep in mind these terms and conditions, among others:
• Hand in your package at a DHL ServicePoint, where a counter clerk will accept and scan it. That means you can't do this at a DHL locker or self-scan.
• The packaging of your parcel must be suitable for the shipping and sorting process.
• We cannot deliver your insured package to an Agreed Place.
• You cannot insure products that are forbidden to ship. You can find the list of these items here.
• The recipient must always sign for receipt, so your package is insured from door-to-door.
Is your package damaged or lost in transit? Please contact our customer service immediately, for example via our livechat.
If your package is not covered by insurance
Did you know that you are always protected against damage and loss of your package? For every shipment there is a standard compensation of €3.40 per kilo - you are legally entitled to this. If you have insured the package, the compensation is higher.
You can contact our customer service department via 0900-222 21 20 (€1,- per call). A flyer with more info will follow soon.